Here I will stress the absolute need for Home staging.
And because I am a strong believer in first impressions, I offer to pay for the home staging services for all my seller clients!
Whether you hire a staging professional to simply do a walk through to tell you what needs to be moved or removed, or the whole package, some type of re--arranging has to be done. Home staging brings results!!! Buyers love walking into a home that is instantly welcoming to the eye!!! Staging helps your home look more attractive while highlighting some of its best features. If your home is on the market, your goal is to makes potential buyers feel like they could live in it, and the prime way to do this is to neutralize the surroundings.
HOME STAGING CHECKLIST
Helpful tips to get your home in prime showing shape!
- Clear out your closets and clutter
- Focus on highlighting the most visible areas in your home (kitchen, living room, master suite, family room etc.
- Remove personal items in your home like family photos and souvenirs
- Put away large items such as porcelains, plates and vases to create more space
- Make sure to remove all unnecessary appliances from your kitchen counters, lack of counter space is one of the biggest turn offs
- keep any and all appliances clean on the surface
- In the summer, water your grass and garden 30 minutes before an open house- this will make your lawn sparkle
- In the winter, make sure to remove snow from all entrances and walkways….
- Do not cook anything that will leave an odor (fish, garlic etc..)
- Set the dining room table with attractive linens and dishes
- Place a vase or two with Fresh flowers on some evident surfaces throughout your home
- Use mirrors to help smaller rooms look more open
- Use as much natural light as possible
- Make small repairs to faucets, squeaking doors and fences
- Bring another set of eyes to help you catch something you may have overlooked
According to many real estate agents, investors and other experts, the kitchen is the most important room in the house when it comes to selling your home. The kitchen has the power to close the deal, or make the deal fall through. This is why it is extremely important to take extra care of the kitchen before showing it to potential buyers.
Not only will a beautiful kitchen make selling your home a lot easier, it can also increase the value of your home. Renovations to your kitchen can end up being a good investment, especially if you intend on selling your home.
When getting your kitchen ready for a showing, creating space should be your main concern. You want your kitchen to look light and spacious. Clear out as much clutter as possible. You should take out as much out of your drawers as you can because buyers will surely be opening up your drawers during a showing. You want them to see space, not clutter.
One of the focal points in the kitchen is the sink area. It should be absolutely free of stains and rust, and especially no leaks or drips. If your faucet looks old, consider replacing it with a newer model. This small investment will go a long way towards improving the look of your kitchen.
These are just a few small steps you can take to get your home ready for a showing. Remember, buyers will quickly notice any shortcomings in your kitchen. You want to do everything you can to improve your kitchen and give it a fresh new look!